Fibromyalgia Help with our Harrisburg Chiropractor
Fibromyalgia pain and discomfort is eased with chiropractic care. At Skocik Chiropractic in Harrisburg, PA, we use natural treatments to ease your fibromyalgia. Dr. Albert Skocik evaluates your symptoms to determine if you are struggling with fibromyalgia. Then, our Harrisburg chiropractor develops a chiropractic care plan to target your pain and provide relief. You can find non-medicated relief for fibromyalgia and you do not have to spend every day in pain. Let us show you our holistic treatment options and how these can gently ease your pain.
For a better understanding of this condition, we answer a few questions:
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a condition in which you experience constant or intermittent pain. The pain typically stays within certain trigger point areas, but can also radiate to other areas. The word "Fibromyalgia" can be split into three terms- fibro equating to fibrous tissues; myos meaning muscles; algos which means pain.
What other Symptoms are Associated with Fibromyalgia?
Those who are suffering from fibromyalgia may also experience mood fluctuations and depression. If you are struggling with this condition, you may also have sleep interruptions. Since your body needs rest to heal, the absence of rest may also lead to an increase of pain.
What Chiropractic Treatments are Effective for Fibromyalgia?
Dr. Skocik uses a variety of techniques to ease your fibromyalgia discomfort. Some of these include:
- Chiropractic adjustments to position the vertebrae of your spine and your extremity joints into a pain-free alignment. These are gentle adjustments and are aimed at providing increased mobility.
- Massage therapy to alleviate muscle tension that is contributing to your pain. Massage also frees the muscles for greater range of motion.
- Nutritional counseling to teach you foods to avoid that may contribute to inflammation and pain. We also show you which foods provide energy and help to stabilize your moods.
- Exercise guidance to relieve discomfort and stiffness. While exercise may seem counterintuitive when you are in pain, the proper amounts of the correct exercise goes a long way toward reducing fibromyalgia pain and increasing your energy level.
- Spinal decompression to reduce back pain.
When Will I Feel Relief?
Many of our fibromyalgia patients feel a slight reduction in their pain after the first treatment. For others, it takes a series of treatments to notice an improvement. As you progress, Dr. Skocik continually adjusts your treatments to ensure you are working toward pain relief. We also show you at-home things you can do to contribute to a reduced feeling of pain.
When Should I Begin?
The sooner you begin natural chiropractic care for fibromyalgia, the sooner you feel a reduction in your symptoms. Our treatments are natural and work with your body's strengths. We do not use medications that may have side effects, so you can start your treatments at any time. We encourage you to call us at (717) 540-8448 to schedule your appointment or learn more about our fibromyalgia treatments.