Our Skocik Chiropractor in Harrisburg, PA Discusses Knee Pain
The knee plays a vital role in the body. Without a functional knee, we wouldn't be able to walk, run or exercise in an efficient manner. Your knee consists of a tight formation of bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage. If one of these components are dysfunctional, it may impede with your ability to move. Here at Skocik Chiropractic in Harrisburg, PA we are interested in treating a wide range of conditions, including knee pain. Our Harrisburg chiropractor is well trained and capable of delivering effective treatments for knee pain. Below you'll find information on knee pain, its causes, and its chiropractic treatments.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Most knee problems are caused by the following:
- Knee Bursitis. The knee's bursae are fluid-filled sacs that reduce friction throughout the knee. Think of them as cushions for the joints. Sometimes, excessive use of the knee can lead to swelling and inflammation of the bursae.
- Knee Dislocation. A dislocated knee occurs when one of the knee's bones falls out of place. Knee dislocated is a serious injury, causing a great deal of pain.
- Frozen Knee. Also known as adhesive capsulitis, this condition occurs when a knee's capsule becomes inflamed, scared, or shrunken in some way. As the name suggests, frozen knee syndrome will reduce the knee's range of motion.
- Fractures. The knee is made up of four bones: the femur, the fibula, the patella, and the tibia. A fracture will result in a break or a fracture in one of these bones.
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome. This syndrome is especially prevalent among long-distance runners.
- Meniscal Tear. This injury refers to torn cartilage in the knee. The meniscus is a crescent-shaped structure that helps to reduce friction in the knee.
- Strains & Sprains. A sprain is an injury with the ligaments, while a strain is a tear with the muscles or the tendons. Just like any other body part, the knee is vulnerable to stretching or tearing from excessive stress.
- Knee Tendinitis. Knee tendons function attach bone to muscle. Tendons are susceptible to inflammation, leading to tendonitis.
Knee Pain Relief
The Skocik Chiropractic Clinic specializes in chiropractic care, injury rehabilitation, spinal decompression, massage therapy, wellness care, neuropathy stress, pain management, stress relief, and preventive care. If your knee is experiencing pain, we will be able to come up with an effective chiropractic treatment for you.
Contact Our Skocik Chiropractic in Harrisburg, PA Today!
To find out about our knee pain treatment options, please consider calling us at (717) 540-8448. You'll be able to get in touch with our Harrisburg chiropractor right away.